What Permits Do I Need To Start A Food Truck Business?

What Permits Do I Need To Start A Food Truck Business?

Starting a food truck business can be complicated if you don’t know how or where to start. You may be wondering: What permits do I need to start a food truck business? Keep on reading to learn all about food truck licenses.

Employer Identification Number

You will probably need several employees and to work, you are going to need an employer identification number. This is used to identify your business and collect taxes from you and your employees. And the best part is that you can apply online on the IRS website.

What-Permits-Do-I-Need. Employer Identification Number

Business License

You can’t start your business without a business license. It will depend on the city and state if you’re charged a percentage of your sales. Also, take into account that food truck licenses are subject to change. Thus, it’s recommendable to stay informed.

Vehicle License

Both the driver and the truck itself have to be properly licensed. Furthermore, some states require that you have a commercial driver’s license.
In case you’re still looking for food trucks for sale in Chicago, Medieval has everything you need to start your food truck business.

Food Handler's Permit

The city or estate where your business is may require a couple of your employees to take a food safety class. This will help protect your food truck business. Therefore, make sure at least one of your employees has a food handler’s permit to open your food truck business.

Health Department Permit

Your food truck business will be inspected by the health department so that they can verify that everything is done in a safe way.

What permits do you need. Food Truck
Fire Certificates

Remember that safety comes first. It’s important to know which regulations to follow and to count with a food truck fire suppression system. The fire department will make sure you have a fire certificate before you can put your open sign.

What permits do I need to start a food truck business? Well, now that you know more about the licenses you need and have bought your used restaurant equipment in Chicago, it’s time to open.